The oldest is the Torre del Morell Blanch, also known as Tower Cremadella because of its architectural features (adobe construction, lack of defensive elements vertical …) and the fact that the tower Be aware conceived more a residence for defense, separating classical schemes and typologies of the area makes us think of a building late s. XIII or XIV.
The technique is constructive wall of solid brick with lime mortar on both sides and filled with soil inside. We can date it between the XIV and XVI. It is a rectangular enclosure with an approximate area of 900 m2, adjacent to the River Girona. There are only remains of the four facades, being the best-preserved falling in the river. The cloths are blind and smooth, having no doors, windows or stolen items. The walls are only conserved to a height of about 5 m., The rest having disappeared, not knowing their original configuration. They start excavations in order to check whether it is a mill.
It is the only rest that remains of the former palace of the Duke of Medina. Located at the junction of Abbey Street San Roque and San Cristobal-and part of the church square.
The lack of data on this palace and tower deprives us know the date of their construction dates have only parallel that can give us a little light: in 1520, possibly because the palace was built, because the viceroy of Valencia, Don Diego Hurtado de Mendoza, forced by the events of the revolt Germania spent the night in the house of mr. Baltasar Vives, Mr. Verger, which implies the existence of a house with minimal defenses; in 1580 the Marquis of Denia purchase, expropriate or better in view of the specification developed between 1563 and 1580, Mr. Girona Joan Vives village of El Verger, annexing it to Denia.
Lacking that, the dates on the tower, must date it from its architectural features: the lack of windows or pointed Geminata and loopholes; the existence of four battlements, for a facade, vertical elements of defense, although defensive constructions belonging to the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries, but its construction towers lasts until the early eighteenth century and the existence of two gunboats, which is a use of gunpowder, its construction allows us to venture to the middle of the sixteenth century, this type of construction begins in the late fifteenth century and lasted until the early seventeenth century.
The tower has a quadrangular, with the base steep that only conserves the facade of Abbey Street. The interior has five rooms 4 x 4 m2 approximately, although originally only had four. This interior is completely redesigned, with a change in the floors, which is evident in the fourth floor where subsistixen signals original wrought disappearance of the vaulted hall of the 1st floor of which they are only the boot around defining Rid your space on two new halls of smaller height. The ground floor warehouse functions, should be fenced, type very common in the towers.
Currently accessed inside the San Cristobal street and building continuous, all on the ground floor, access original still exists, although covered and masked, set up by arch outside and inside lowered ceiling, to which is accessed via a small drawbridge or a wooden staircase easily removable.
The tower has openings to the third floor where there are two small windows in the north and west facades, outside framed with rough masonry; the fourth floor has four battlements, built in rough ashlar and two side windows with benches, also in the north and west facades, the only occurred outside the Palace.
The building is constructed with limestone based masonry with lime mortar, with the most important structural elements or significant corner, gateway, small windows, battlements, windows, and part of the west facade of rough masonry. The cover, turn of the century, is an Arabic tile hipped, building identical to the original may not be ruled out that this TV.
The design of the tower is exempt, with defense in the roof to the four sides, but presumably the east facade was attached to the palace, as we indicate the absence of the corner stones of pumice in North east to the middle space that has no openings. These events and access to the first floor are the last stronghold defensive tower of the Palace and simultaneously defense element of the set.
The tower is currently protected by the “Decree of 22 April 1949 on the Protection of Spanish castles” (B.O.E. 5 May 1949), which protects all global military architecture. At the beginning of the current decade the Ministry of Culture began the initiation of proceedings for a declaration monumental, without at present had no news, although any day can realize their approval.
There is no doubt that this is the most representative building of historical and artistic people and more cargo.
Located in front of the tower of the palace. It dates from the early eighteenth century. The facade appears dated in 1732, so presumably this be the year in which they finished the work, which had lasted 15 years, diminished once the effects of the War of Succession. It is a church with a single nave, with five chapels, square and interconnected. The first chapel to the right of the entrance is the bell which explains Be aware that closed head. The floor of the apse is square, slightly narrower than the ship. At the theoretical level crossing has expanded a side chapel.
The side chapels with open arches, supported by pilasters crowned capitals. The chapels are separated from one another by buttresses receiving the efforts of the lap, in front of which are larger than the previous pillars, topped by Corinthian capitals on which rests the entablature.
The ship is covered with a barrel vault with lunettes. These vaults are supported by arches feixassos, including steady and under each a window. The side chapels are covered with vaults Vaides. The composition of the facade is very simple, having no decoration except gateway, executed entirely with sandstone, with sides fluted pilasters, entablature topped with pinnacles and central niche. The facade hides Arabic tile roof gable, being the top a false facade. The bell tower is located to the right of the facade, featuring two stages of construction, with the original pilasters and entablatures, and added to the foothills as a buttress.
There are several houses of the nineteenth century, but include house Miss Bassa, the facade of which has been recently restored.
Currently missing but it is fair to justify their disappearance.
Mr. Francisco Pons Moncho priest, took the decision to remove the building and lifted the block of houses where the new house is Abbey, consisting of offices, archives and parish hall of the parish.
History of the building disappeared.
It was this building cottage Moor Denia remarkable that King James I the Conqueror granted the valiant captain Pedro Eiximen Carroz, Lord of Carroz and Rambouillet to join him in making the city of Denia in 1245, with full authority to assign and distribute the fruits of conquest (land, houses, villages, bakeries, mills, etc.) which gave Mr. Francisco Vives, place and referred all cottage lands that made up that term, the extent of which was higher than the current township being with this fact, the first lord of Verger.
Perhaps Mr. Vives performs the first works to condition the offices of this house in order to live in it, extending the sellers and outbuildings to store oil and other crops. Their factory construction was weak and like that today occupies the mill cinema Lopez Cabrera. The descendants of the aforementioned Mr. Verger, continued perfecting work until the time came that the Duke of Lerma lord of Verger buys all the land and premises to the last Lord of Verger, mossén Jerónimo Vives, 21 in September 1580 this building was Lluís Vives born parents and lived in it, the great humanist and philosopher of the same name.
When the events of the Germanies, in 1519, Mr. Vives In Baltasar then Verger, stayed in this house the viceroy and captain general of Valencia Mr. Diego Hurtado de Mendoza, Count of Melito, who fled pursued by Valencia Germanies, and then he had spent in Denia port and sea to escape more easily.
Mr. Baltasar Vives received letter of Emperor Charles I, giving him thanks for services rendered to the count of Melito. The aforementioned letter reads: In our beloved Monsignor Baltasar Vives. King, mossén Vives: the Illustrious Mr. Diego de Mendoza our captain and lieutenant general, has written the position we have, and what to do it, we have much that is served and we plairà ‘I offer you something to be rewarded for your loyalty as services and deserve. Given in Brussels on 12 September 1520. I the King. Except VICIANA Chronicle of Valencia, Item IV, Page 71 Chabás. Denia History Volume II, page 82, edition of the Institute of Alicantinos.
The own Duke of Lerma was building his palace in front of the house rested on many occasions referred to the building.
After the construction of the church ordered by the Duke of Lerma and cults begun in 1581, as it happens to occupy this building Abbey House called the first priest.
The kings of Spain, Philip III and Margaret of Austria who married in the Cathedral of Valencia and Dénia boyfriends trip, stayed in the palace of the Duke and the rest of the entourage did in the House and among Abbey These devices phoenix of Lope de Vega.
The Duke of Lerma made King Philip III will order the receiver Valencia letter dated 4 May 1613, which received low inventory and delivered to the Church of Verger, the altarpiece, chalices, jewelry and other ornaments Castle chapel of Sierra Bernia, because it was a charity said that the church was the king Verger to contain him the same amount of poverty. History of Callosa d’Ensarriá, Adolfo Salva Ballester. Volume 1 page 103. Editing Studies Institute of Alicante. This magnificent altarpiece disappeared in 1936.
At the beginning of the present century, in 1903, stayed the famous Father Nozaleda, archbishop and primate of the Philippines, not to be pleasing his presence in Valencia, celebrating and presiding over the feast of Corpus Christi, in order to give greater solemnity party, the wealthy gentlemen of this town José Llorens and Na Bárbara Ferrando, gave the church a full canopy tissue vestments, silver and gold.
The building had no artistic merit. In 1774 it was renovated and it has come up with its successive arrangements until 1936
Location at Map
The House of Trapig corresponds to a sugar mill of the sixteenth century, which transformed the sugar cane grown in the area in molasses, which would later become the bread of sugar.
Later it was used as an olive press. The remains found in the area, clay pots stored sugar cane juice and three impressive wheels indicate that this was one of the most important factories processing sugar cane. These masses of stone were used to draw the juice of the sugar cane and were moved by animals. The size of one of them, more than 1 meter and 70 centimeters in diameter, the piece becomes larger meeting.
The House of Trapig Verger appears in historical documents from 1580, but it thinks that already existed in the fifteenth century.